AL580XL Next Generation Power Wheelchair Lift
AL-580 XL Power Wheelchair Lift General Overview
The AL 580 XL Next Generation Power Wheelchair Lift is an exterior vehicle lift offered by Harmar designed to carry electric wheelchairs. This model is known for its space-efficient design and trouble-free use that makes it very easy to operate. The AL 580XL wheelchair carrier can support a power chair that weighs up to 350 lbs and has a quick automatic securing option that doesn't require any wheelchair modifications. This lift is meant to work with mid-wheel drive power wheelchairs that have 10" to 14" drive wheels. The platform is incredibly small measuring in at 17.5" in width and 27" long. The AL580XL Next Generation Power Wheelchair Lift only weighs about 63 lbs making it very easy to install and makes it compatible with smaller vehicles.
If you're looking for a wheelchair platform lift for heavy-duty wheelchairs then this is definitely one to consider. Harmar is known for being the leader of vehicle lift systems in the USA and they are committed to providing excellent customer service. Harmar lift systems are very reliable and they provide excellent warranties for their products that last up to 3 years which gives our customers the peace of mind they need to feel comfortable purchasing a lift system. To learn more about this lift, feel free to click on any of the links provided in the downloads section below or call one of our knowledgeable sales representatives.
A Reliable Electric Wheelchair Carrier- The 580 XL by Harmar
When you purchase a wheelchair hitch lift by Harmar, it will typically ship within 24 to 48 hours of placing your order and ship from a Harmar warehouse. The shipping department at Harmar will then provide customer shipping/tracking information that our customer service team will relay to you. In most cases, the lifts are delivered within 3 to 7 business day depending on the destination. Because we're one of the biggest online dealers in the country, Mobility Scooters Direct will get you the best deal on a handicap vehicle lift like Harmar's AL580XL Next Generation Power Wheelchair Lift backed by our price-match guarantee.
- Model: AL580XL
- A Swing-Away Option is Available
- When the Platform is Not Occupied it Will Automatically Fold
- Lightweight, only 63 lbs
- Power Chairs are Placed Securely in Place by a Padded Hold Down Arm
Downloads - Online User Manual, Product Brochure & More
To read or download the AL-580 XL online owner manual click here .
To download the AL580 XL product brochure click here .
To download a comparison chart of all Harmar Lifts, click here.
To download a hitch adapter chart for Harmar Lifts, click here.
Harmar Transferable Three Year Warranty
Mobility Scooters Direct honors a three year transferable warranty by Harmar Mobility. Harmar Mobility warrants its lift products against defects of material including mechanical and electrical parts, excluding labor cost, batteries, paint and covers for three years from the date of original purchase. The warranty is only in effect for properly and professionally installed and maintained equipment. This warranty does not cover defects in vehicles where products are installed or defects in the Harmar Product is caused by defects because of the vehicle in which the lift is installed on. This warranty does not warranty labor, maintenance, or any adjustments needed in the future. Harmar will not be charged for labor, consequential damage or repair expenses. Harmar is not liable for any misuse, accidents, or overstressing resulting in injury or death, or loss of equipment. Defective parts must be returned and prepaid to Harmar for inspection prior to repair or replacement at Harmar’s option. Please read the user manual for more specific warranty information.
|Battery Pack Option||Yes - Optional Upgrade|
|Warranty||3 Year Limited Warranty|
|Type of Lift||Exterior Platform Hitch Lift|
|Installed Weight||63 lbs|
|Recommended For||Power Wheelchairs|
|Lifting Capacity||350 lbs|
|Hitch Size||Class II or III|
|Hitch Height||5" to 24"|
This product is warranted to be free from any defect in materials used in the manufacture, and/or workmanship at the time of its manufacture. The manufacturer’s warranty period is one year unless otherwise specified at time of sale. Any part found to be defective during this period will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of EZ Carrier, LLC. Any part replaced under the warranty will be covered for the remaining period of the warranty. Any parts replaced under the warranty must be returned to EZ Carrier, LLC and will become the property of EZ Carrier, LLC. EZ Carrier, LLC may, at its discretion make any repairs or replacement of defective parts but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability. EZ Carrier will bear labor charges for work carried out under the warranty. The warranty may not be transferred to subsequent owners for the balance of the remaining warranty period.
Conditions and Exclusions:
- The product must not have been used for competition, misused, inadequately maintained, or incorrectly serviced or maintained.
- The product must not have been subject to any modification, repair, or replacement other than as authorized by EZ Carrier, LLC.
- Defects caused by faulty adjustment, neglect, or repairs and alterations performed by anyone other than EZ Carrier, LLC are not covered by this warranty.
- Defects caused by the use of parts and accessories not authorized by EZ Carrier, LLC are not covered by this warranty.
- The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation of the product to or from EZ Carrier, LLC, or expenses incurred while the product is out of use and under warranty repairs.
- The warranty does not cover product used on a commercial basis.
- The warranty does not cover defects, which have not been reported to EZ Carrier, LLC within the immediate discovery of the defect.
- Should a warranty claim become necessary, EZ Carrier, LLC shall not be liable for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or other incidental or consequential damages.
- If for any reason, the carrier does not appear to be in good and sound condition, it must not be used. Any loss as a direct or indirect result of the use of the carrier in a compromised condition is the sole liability of the user.
- Paint finish will diminish, scratch, and chip over a period of time due to normal use and therefore paint is not covered under warranty, nor is rust that has resulted from exposed surfaces. We recommend to wash clean the salt and chemicals during winter months.
- Actuator and motor on the lifts carry no warranty other than that of the manufacturer of them; actuators, one year; motors, one year (EZ Carrier LLC does not make these specific parts).
- Must present copy of this paper work along with copy of proof of purchase as in copy of credit card statement or such. at time of warranty work.
Any statement, condition, representation, description or warranty otherwise contained in any other publication or advertisement shall not be construed as enlarging, varying or overriding anything contained herein.
EZ Carrier, LLC reserves the right to make alterations or improvements without notification to any model without obligation to do so to products already sold.
The purchaser of the carrier is solely responsible for the installation, use, and the securing of any item being carried. In no event shall EZ Carrier, LLC be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profit, or other intangibles, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, unauthorized use, performance or nonperformance of our products. Even if EZ Carrier, LLC has been advised previously of the possibility of such damages and whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise. In no circumstance shall EZ Carrier be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever. All matters are interpreted under Oklahoma law.
Stopping distance – a carrier and cargo add weight to the vehicle and lengthens the time and distance that it takes to stop. Be sure to review the guidelines provided by your automobile manufacturer’s manual and adjusts your riding accordingly, allowing extra time and distance for slowing and stopping.
Passing – due to the extra weight of the carrier and cargo, be sure to allow extra time and space for passing. The combination of carrier and cargo extend the length of your vehicle and should be considered when merging and passing.
Tire Maintenance – be sure tires are inflated to the proper psi. Consult your automobile manufacturer’s operations manual for recommendations.
Check your hardware – make sure all hardware is tightened and secure prior to beginning any trip.
Alterations – changing, adding to, or removing parts of a carrier may adversely affect the handling of the product and is strongly not advised.